Photography Montage

Photo Montage

My original idea for the photography brief was to take pictures of hands performing various tasks that people do when engaging in a hobby or past time they enjoy e.g. playing the guitar.


However after taking some initial photographs I felt that they would not work well in the final montage so I re-evaluated my original idea and decided to include pictures of my daily journey to Hull from Scarborough and York St John University’s graduation ceremony from York Minster. I felt that this route would allow me to have a variety of pictures to create a montage with.

Below are the photographs that I captured using my Casio Exilim EX-Z35. These images were then imported into Photoshop where I used some of the simple features to improve the brightness, hue and saturation of the images before I chose 4 of them to create a montage from.






































For the montage I wanted to use the photographs in a way that they fit the layout and symmetry of one of my original pictures. I chose to use a picture I had taken of Valley Bridge as the base image as it featured some distinct lines of symmetry.















I then chose 3 of my photographs which I felt would fit well into the montage. The four image I decided upon are shown below.












Using these images I imported them into Photoshop and using a combination of filters, masks and cutting tools I combined the images into the final montage. I added them into areas of the background and foreground so that, while clearly not part of the original image, they fitted into the original look of the base image.